Freight & Passenger Traffic
Our daily life more and more depends on computational systems embedded in common appliances. Just think of advanced driver assistance systems in cars, medical devices, or indsutrial supervisory control and data acquisition systems. Since such systems also realise safety-critical tasks, it is all the more important to provide effective and efficient quality assurance for them. The specification, verification and testing theory group researches methods for model-based development and model checking, logical verification, and automated testing of safety-critical software. Prog. Schlingloff is chief scientist of the system quality center at Fraunhofer FOKUS, Berlin, and chairman of the boards of GFaI e.V. and ZeSys e.V.
- Major German company for communication and sensors: Student semester project for the design and implementation of a system for distributed control of indoor air quality.
Research at the chair of Wireless Broadband Communication systems within the computer engineering group focuses on communication systems for ultra-high data rates. Professor Eckhard Grass and his research group develop and investigate systems operating at ultra-high frequencies and research techniques and methods to improve the efficiency and reliability of wireless communication. The main reserach and developement focus is physical layers (PHY) and MAC layers.
- Complete toolchain for modelling, simulation, design and test of communication systems
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) modules
- Various FPGA platforms and toolchains for FPGA design
- Modules for mm-wave communications
- Measurement equipment such as oscillosocopes, spectrum analyzers, arbitrary waveform generators
- Development of a system for high-speed wireless communication with simultaneous distance measurement for a renowned automotive supplier
- mm-wave communication system with integrated positioning of mobile nodes for augmented reality applications for German industrial equipment supplier
- Joint development of a system for secure wireless communication for industry 4.0 together German industry partners
- mm-wave connections for 5G transport networks with European industry partners